Life verses are passages of scripture found in the Bible that capture our attention and feed our soul. The are so comforting, they almost seem tangible. God’s Words are so powerful!
Our church has been covering a sermon series on life verses. We have had the privilege of hearing from different pastors on how they cling to their life verses! Each one explained how God used specific scriptures to carry them through tough times or how they ministered to their spirit. Every message has been inspiring to me in different areas of life including marriage and parenting.
I felt called to share with you a few particular life verses for marriage that I hope will empower you in your relationship with your spouse. May you find hope for your marriage and find strength to carry on even through the tough seasons.
- “Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.” – 1 Peter 4:8
- “Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.” – Ecclesiastes 4:12
- “Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.” – Ephesians 4:2-3
- “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” – Jeremiah 29:11
- “Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.” – Mark 10:9
Are you married or are you preparing for marriage?
Write these verses on your heart! Memorize and meditate on them daily! In your relationship, talk to each other about these verses often, and encourage each other to trust in these words, while living them out!
Here are a few more encouraging life verses for marriage you can check out:
Ephesians 5:21, Matthew 19:4-6, 1 John 4:7-8, 1 Corinthians 13:4-8, Colossians 3:18-19, Proverbs 12:4, 1 Corinthians 7:3
If you already have a life verse for marriage please share it in the comments and explain how that verse has helped you through marriage.