I had a mentor ask me recently, what do you want your life/marriage/home to be like in five years. I spent time considering this question and really thinking what I desire for me and my family. After my descriptive list was complete, my mentor then asked,
What are three things you can do now that will help you head in the direction that you want?
This is intentionality. To consider and plan for the future and then act accordingly requires prudence. I am just now learning the power of what it means to be a prudent wife and mother.
Google defines prudent: acting with or showing care and thought for the future.
I use to have a skewed perception of what it means to be prudent. But, studying this word, I have discovered just how good and beneficial it is to be a prudent woman! And that a prudent wife if from the Lord.
House and wealth are inherited from fathers,
but a prudent wife is from the Lord
I also spent some time looking up the definition and other synonyms of prudent. Below is a descriptive list that gives more depth of understanding to this word.
- discreet: careful in speech
- economical:using no more of something than is necessary
- frugal: sparing in regard to food and money
- judicious: using good judgement or sense
- sane: of sound mind
- shrewd : intelligent
- vigilant keeping careful watch for possible danger or difficulties.
- advisable: to be recommended, appropriate, wise
- canny: good judgement in business
- playing safe
- tactical: calculated, plan
- thinking twice
This devotional challenges us women to embrace this awesome word and to be intentional to make it part of who we are and how we operate.Download Questions PDF