I would really like to answer this question YES! without any hesitation at all. However, I would not be honest if I did so. The truth is that I am not always good at helping my husband through stress and many times I contribute more stress to his life.
Sheila Gregoire invited me to guest write on her blog about this topic, but I was shocked to be confronted by this issue. I guess I had never really evaluated my responses towards my husband in times of stress. But as I began to write the article, it occurred to me that if the definition showed a picture of stress it would be a portrait of me!
My husband doesn’t need a stressful wife in times of high stress…he needs:
- He needs a wife who will affirm him with words of affirmation.
- He needs a wife who be selfless and serve his needs.
- He needs a wife who will be confident of his love for her despite his weary heart and the other demanding circumstances that steal his attention.
- He needs a wife who will rub the tension out of his shoulders.
- He needs a wife who understands the burden of stress and does what she can to not add to the stress.
- He needs a wife who will be gracious to him when he acts out as a result of his stress.
- He needs a wife who will cheer him on and cheer him up!