When was the last time you checked out at a grocery store and didn’t see a magazine highlighting a celebrity relationship?
How many times has the news covered a celebrity break-up or the Internet bombarded your feed with the latest scoop of celebrity gossip?
Our culture is fascinated with having access into these celebrities’ lives, and the media often times crosses the line to make sure the most recent news is available to satisfy our interests. However, there seems to be a lack of genuine concern for what these celebrities are actually facing.
Instead of investing in gossip, I choose to invest in LIFE and I hope that you will join me!
Think about the impact we could make in other marriages if we responded to celebrities with letters of encouragement and prayer for their marriages?
Wives influencing, comforting, and loving other wives! I think it would be powerful and I believe God is calling us to take action!
This month the Unveiled Wife Community will be encouraging Katy Perry!
Although recent news about Katy’s marriage has been circulating, reporting that Russell Brand filed for divorce, we are going to encourage Katy during this pivotal season of her life! Please do not pass judgment on Katy in any way and let’s stay away from mentioning any specific views about her current status with Russell Brand. I am sure that not only is she sensitive about it at this time, but it is also a private matter. This is also not the occasion to suggest anything negative about her career choices. God is more concerned about letting Katy know how much He loves her, no matter what! Let us empower Katy by sending words of encouragement and hope!
If you are interested in joining this love movement and feel like God is inspiring you to encourage Katy Perry please take some time to follow the steps below:
- Pray and ask God to anoint your letter. Ask him to use you to encourage Katy and ask him to inspire the words to write!
- Write Katy Perry a brief, personal letter, including words of encouragement and a prayer for her and for Russell Brand (Please do not criticize or judge anywhere in your letter, remember this is about reflecting God’s love for Katy!)
- Note specifically in your letter that the wives at Unveiled Wife are praying for her.
- Take a picture of the letter and post it to Twitter or Facebook tagging Unveiled Wife and Katy Perry.
- Seal your letter to Katy in an envelope and use the address below
Keith & Mary Hudson Ministries
ATTN: Katy Perry
P.O. Box 307
Carlsbad, CA 92018
- Somewhere on the front of the envelope write boldly “unveiledwife.com/katy-perry”
- Stamp it and send it!
- Be an advocate and encourage other wives you know to do the same! (via word-of-mouth, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
Thank you for taking the time to be a part of this! Please be in continued prayer for Katy and Russell! Also be praying that God uses all of these letters to move mightily in both of their lives and that HIS will is done!
Here is my letter!