My son loves ice cream. However, he has always been extremely sensitive to dairy. When we go for a visit to the local ice cream shop he always asks for “orange” ice cream. I order him the mango sorbet, which is dairy-free, and it has become his favorite.
The other day I stumbled upon a DIY orange creamsicle recipe on Pinterest. I thought it would be fun to make actual orange flavored ice cream and give my son something new and healthy to try!
…but I did adapt it, so I will share my recipe for it below:
Homemade Orange Ice Cream Pops
- 1 ¾ full fat coconut milk
- 2 large oranges (peeled)
- 1 banana (peeled)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2-4 tbsp honey to taste
What You Will Need:
- Blendtec or Blender – It needs to be capable of blending very well.
I use the blendtec and it has become the best appliance I use in the kitchen. I know the this brand can be on the expensive side, but we use ours every day for mixing recipes, making pancakes, blending veggie smoothies and more. It was worth every penny!
- Popsicle Molds – I have tried two different brands, one I hated and the one I have now is awesome. You can get the one I use on Amazon – click here.
Prep Time: 10 min maybe less!
- Add the coconut milk, oranges, banana, vanilla and honey in the blender.
- When it is all blended well, pour into popsicle molds and pop into the freezer for a few hours, until frozen.
**If you have extra after pouring into molds you can add it to a glass tupperware and freeze.
This summer treat is delicious and doesn’t have any ridiculous ingredients in it! Simple to make at home and healthy for you and your family.
My son may have a new favorite ice cream!
Pinterest is such an incredible resource, especially for healthy recipes! Follow me if you are not already! Click HERE to see my boards.