Having friends is a key component that I believe is necessary for every woman’s livelihood. Being a part of community has a powerful and positive influence on our lives as we are surrounded by like-minded people who truly care about us and accept us, but who also walk by our side advising and encouraging us to be better.
In community we have support and love. In community we can experience deep friendships that re-energize us for our relationships with our husbands and children.
There is something uniquely special about the way a friend can comfort and help you become the woman God desires you to be.
Here is a list of creative ways to build intimacy with your friends:
– Call your friend to ask her how she is doing.
– When you say you will pray for her, stop to pray for her right then.
– Plan a play date for your kids and her kids to play together, during which time you can chat.
– Be open and transparent about the struggles you face in life.
– Be compassionate when she is going through a difficult time.
– Purchase something for her you know she may need but cannot afford.
– Listen to her, intently.
– Encourage a random hangout that breaks up the monotony of the day.
– Invite her and her family over for dinner.
– Ask her to teach you something she is good at such as sewing.
– Host a Pinterest party where you can gather to do DIY projects together.
– Hand write her a letter of encouragement!
– Find verses that will encourage her faith and share them with her.
– Drop off a small gift that you know will be appreciated such as her favorite dessert or coffee.
I hope this list inspires you to cultivate deep friendships with the women in your life. Remember you are a light to them and you could radically influence their life just as much as they can yours! If you have any additional ways to build intimacy with your friends leave a comment below!
This is part of a series: