Marriage quotes are awesome encouragements that remind us in a creative way the power of love and the significance of the marriage covenant.
Marriage quotes are brief statements that inspire us to love well.
When I first married my husband, social media was still just getting started. It was nowhere near the magnitude at which it is at now. The marriage encouragement I received came directly from people, from the pulpit, from movies, or from books.
When I began Unveiled Wife I knew I wanted to be a source of marriage encouragement for couples, especially for those who are active online, but maybe isolate themselves from people or church, for any reason.
Along the way I have gathered some of my favorite marriage quotes from the web and I wanted to share them all in one place for you!
30 Favorite Marriage Quotes & Bible Verses
- “God doesn’t want me to be a ‘fix him’ wife, God wants me to be a ‘love him’ wife.”- Lysa TerKeurst
- “To fully know and still fully love, is the primary aim of marriage.” – Fierce Marriage
- “Nothing can bring a real sense of security into the home except true love.” – Billy Graham
- “Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers a multitude of sins.” – 1 Peter 4:8 (NIV)
- “Great marriages don’t happen by luck or by accident. They are the result of a consistent investment of time, thoughtfulness, forgiveness, affection, prayer, mutual respect, and a rock-solid commitment between a husband and a wife.” – Dave Willis
- “Like a soft, deep layer of mulch, transparency in your marriage will keep most weed seeds dormant and unable to sprout.” – Barbara Rainey
- “Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.” – Ecclesiastes 4:12 (NIV)
- “Marriage is sharing your life with your best friend, enjoying the journey along the way, and arriving at every destination together.” – Fawn Weaver
- “A good marriage isn’t something you find; it’s something you make and you have to keep on making it.” – Gary Thomas
- “A marriage cannot survive when we think only of ourselves. We need to recognize that to love someone is a choice, not a feeling.” – Christin Slade
- “Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.” – Ephesians 4:2 (NIV)
- “Oh darling, let’s be adventurers!” – Unknown
- “A happy marriage is the union of two good forgivers.” – Ruth Bell Graham
- “Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope.” – Maya Angelou
- “Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends.” – 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 (ESV)
- “God’s Word is the perfect guidebook for marriage, and those who live by His Word will reap the blessings that obedience brings.” – Darlene Schacht
- “Put on then, as God’s chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience, bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony.” – Colossians 3:12-14 (ESV)
- “As a wife, I choose to honor my husband, not because I am weak, but because I am strong.” – Fierce Marriage
- Marriage is a mosaic you build with your spouse. Millions of tiny moments that make up your love story. – Jennifer Smith
- “Your marriage is the gospel you are preaching to your children.” – Matthew L. Jacobson
- “This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.” – John 15:12 (ESV)
- “Every love story is beautiful, but our is my favorite.” – Unknown
- “I want my life and my marriage to look less like the world and more like Christ.” – Marquis Clarke
- “What you are facing is intended to strengthen your marriage, not destroy it.” – Jackie Bledsoe
- “He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord.” – Proverbs 18:22 (ESV)
- “My husband is one of my greatest blessings from God. His love is a gift that I open everyday.” – Darlene Schacht
- “It’s not the love that sustains the promise, it’s the promise that sustains the love.” – Jefferson Bethke
- “To know him fully, to love him unconditionally, to respect him always, to forgive him often, to embrace him closely, this is the gift of marriage.” – Jennifer Smith
- “A happy marriage looks to the future, not the past.” – Dale Partridge
- “What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate.” – Mark 10:9