Easy Mini Strawberry Peach Pies
(This recipe was adapted from Hello Wonderful: Raspberry Peach Pies)
- prepared pie crust circles (you can purchase ready-made or make your own. Homemade Pie crust recipe below)
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, diced
- 5 fresh peaches, diced
- 1/4 cups flour
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter, diced (to dot on top of each pie before baking)
- 1 egg + 1 tbsp milk (to brush on top) optional
- sugar (for sprinkling top of crust before baking) optional
- muffin tins
- 4 cups flour
- 1 cup warm butter
- 1 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 tbsp sugar (add before butter)
- Combine flour and warm butter with your hands. Don’t mix too much.
- Add water a little at a time until dough is formed. You may not need to use all the water.
- Once combined plastic wrap and place in fridge 20 min.
Steps For Mini Pies:
(preheat oven to 400 degrees)
- Cut out 3.25″ circles. With the leftover pie scraps, cut them out into about 3″ x 3/8″ strips. They don’t have to be perfect.
- Place each circle into a muffin tin cup and press around the sides.
- Place strawberries and peaches in a bowl, add the flour, sugar, and salt. Mix well.
- Scoop the fruit filling into each muffin cup.
- Dot fruit filling with a dice of butter.
- Use stripes to make lattice tops.
- Brush lattice tops with the egg/milk wash and sprinkle with sugar. Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for about 35 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.
This is a great activity to do with your children! Check out Hello Wonderful’s recipe as it includes each step with child participation!